How to Make Grecian Salmon Steaks With Honey Herb Glaze
In the Greek Islands, seafood dinners of all kinds are a large part of the cuisine. One of my favorite preparations is Grecian steaks with a honey glaze. This recipe is very simple and not time consuming to prepare. I hope you enjoy it! Let us know at email@example.com This recipe was developed by World Cuisine Today www.worldcuisinetoday.com and inspired by the grilled salmon steaks at Papaspiros Restaurant 728 Lake Street Oak Park Illinois (708) 358-1700 www.papaspiroslive.com
Recipe For Grecian Salmon Steaks With Honey Glaze
Four thick cut Salmon steaks
Two Tablespoons fresh oregano
One Tablespoon fresh dill (optional)
One Tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
Two Tablespoons Mediterranean style honey
(Or take American honey and mix with two Tablespoons water)
Half of a banana pepper seeded and minced
The juice of one large lemon
Four garlic cloves mashed
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mild paprika or ground saffron
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup olive oil or canola oil
One lemon wedged
1) In a small bowl mix the honey, water if using, Lemon juice, minced garlic, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t white pepper, 1/4 t red and minced green pepper. Set to the side.
2) Spread a bit of the oil over each piece of salmon and squeeze with a bit of lemon juice.
3) Over both sides of the salmon steaks season with: One teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t white pepper, 1/4 t ceyenne.
4) Carefully rub the pepper garlic honey mixture over both sides of the steaks.
5) Sprinkle on both sides with the herbs
6) Heat the remaining oil in your pan until sizzling hot then reduce the heat to medium low. Fry the steaks on both sides for 3 1/2 minutes per side.
7) Garnish with a bit more herbs and lemon wedges.
8) Serve immediately with a sauteed vegetable such as spinach, Horta dandelion greens, or Lima beans in fresh tomato sauce.
Recipe Developed By: Sarah J. Hall World Cuisine Today www.worldcuisinetoday.com