How to Grill The Perfect Authentic Greek Style Grilled Lamb Chops
Ever wonder how to make amazing Greek style lamb chops just like the professionals? Enjoy this new recipe developed by World Cuisine Today Magazine www.worldcuisinetodaymagazine.com. For more authentic Greek and Mediterranean recipes subscribe to our digital or print editions today!
Greek Mediterranean Lamb Chops
Five pounds of lamb loin or rib chops
The juice of two lemons
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh Greek oregano minced
1/8 cup fresh thyme leaves minced
Three fresh sage leaves minced
Eight cloves of garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon sweet paprika or saffron
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Ceyenne pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Outdoor Grill Method
1) Prepare your grill for a medium high temperature and paint the grill with olive oil.
2) In a small non reactive bowl mix the juice of two lemons, and olive oil. Rub evenly over the lamb chops and let marinate for 15 minutes.
3) On a grill pan lay the chops evenly in one layer, and sprinkle both sides with the dry spices. Next sprinkle with the herbs, and garlic on both sides.
4) Grill the lamb chops at medium high heat three to five minutes per side until a thermometer reads 135 F for medium rare, a bit longer for desired tenderness.
Indoor Pan Frying Method
1) Use the same marination and seasoning method. Add two additional Tablespoons of olive oil to your frying pan and heat to high. Once oil is heated reduce to medium.
2) Grill the lamb chops on both sides for 3 minutes medium rare, 4 minutes medium and 5 minutes for well done. 135 degrees F is necessary for rare with bone in chops.
Serve with Greek or Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Rice or Vegetables.
World Cuisine Today Magazine
August 16, 2020