How to Make a Fresh Tabbouli Salad with Summer Tomatoes and Fresh Parsley
Have you ever wondered how to make an authentic salad like they do in Jerusalem? Then try this refreshing, delicious Tabbouleh salad eaten throughout the Middle Eastern region. It is typically eaten for breakfast or lunch as a topping on a pita sandwich, or alongside other small plates such as Falafel, Kebabs, Kefte Meat Balls, or Shredded Shawarma Style Shredded Chicken or Lamb. Enjoy this refreshing salad with your next Mediterranean style meal.
Fresh Tabbouleh Salad
Six ripe Roma or off the vine tomatoes
Six cups minced flat leaf parsley
One cup cooked cracked, quinoa, or orzo pasta (optional)
Two cups fresh lemon juice
One cup extra virgin olive oil
One cup minced scallions or sweet onion
Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
One large garlic clove minced (optional)
1/2 teaspoon sweet Paprika
1) Wash your flat leaf parsley and cut off the majority of the stems. Pat dry and mince.
2) Wash and pat dry your scallions and mince using mainly the green portion.
3) Cook your grain of choice, according to directions. Drain excess liquid and fluff with fork. You may substitute some vegetarian or chicken broth for added flavor.
4) In a small non reactive bowl squeeze your lemon and mix with the olive oil.
5) Remove the added juices form your minced tomatoes and reserve for a different usage. Mince the firm parts and remove most of the inside seed pulp.
6) In a large bowl place the minced parsley and fold in the tomato and scallion. Next fold in the grain. Lastly pour your olive oil lemon mixture over the top.
7) Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
8) Chill covered until ready to serve. Once ready drizzle some additional oil over the top and sprinkle with the sweet Paprika.
Serving suggestions are to warm and lightly grill some pita, or other flat bread and have the Tabbouleh Salad for breakfast with freshly prepared Falafel, Hummus, Baba Ganoush, and some type of Shawarma shredded meat which is typically Lamb, or Chicken
Recipe Created By: World Cuisine Today Magazine
All Rights Reserved