Chocolate Swirl Cookies World Cuisine Today Magazine worldcuisinetodaymagazine.com
Chocolate Swirl Cookies
For the Dough
Eight ounces of Cream Cheese or Marscapone Cheese
Two sticks of unsalted chilled butter
Three cups all purpose flour
One half teaspoon salt
For the Filling
One Tablespoon sweet ground Cinnamon
One half of a cup of Granulated Sugar
Six ounces of crumbled Milk Chocolate
Four Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
One large egg
1. In a large bowl combine your cream cheese, chilled butter cut into cubes, two and a half cups of the flour, and the salt. Mix until combined well and form into a ball shape with clean wet hands. Wrap in saran wrap and chill for one hour or up to over night.
2. On a smooth surface dust with the remaining flour. Allow dough to come closer to room temperature and flatten into a disk shape. With a floured rolling pin gradually roll out in all directions until one eighth of an inch thick.
3. In a small bowl combine your sugar and cinnamon. Melt your butter in a small saucepan. Chop up your milk chocolate into very small pieces. Separate the egg and use only the egg white for the top of your cookies (set to side for later). Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease your cookie sheets.
4. Paint your dough with one Tablespoon of the melted butter, sprinkle one quarter of the cinnamon sugar mixture, and one quarter of the chocolate pressing in slightly. Cut your round dough into twelve triangle shapes with one wide side, like a skinny wedge of pizza.
5. Roll each triangle starting from the wide side bend into a crescent shape. Paint the tops of the cookies in same way with butter, sugar, with ommisison of chocolate and finally the egg white.
Bake for eighteen to twenty one minutes.
Yield roughly fifty small bite sized cookies.
Excellent with coffee or hot chocolate after or before a festive meal.
World Cuisine Today Magazine