Sweet Potato Soup with Warm Spice
January is a great time to start those New Year's Resolutions such as healthy meals the whole family will enjoy! Try this healthy and delicious Sweet Potato and Vegetable Soup with Warm Spices! Find more Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes at: worldcuisinetodaymagazine.com
Sweet Potato Soup with Warm Spices
Three cups pureed Sweet Potato or Two 15 ounce cans Sweet Potato Puree
One and a half cups high quality Vegetable Broth
Two teaspoons Chinese Five Spice Mixture: Cinnamon, Fennel Seed, Cloves, Star Anise and White Pepper
Two teaspoons Moroccan Harissa Seasoning Mixture: Paprika, Caraway, Chili, Cayenne, Coriander, Cumin, Garlic
Two teaspoons Seasoned Salt
Two teaspoons ground Pickling Spice
One Bay leaf minced
Two Japanese Dried Chiles minced or One half teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
One teaspoon each: Sweet Paprika, Allspice, Garlic Powder, Dried Rosemary and Dried Sage
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Two teaspoons White Wine Vinegar or Fresh Lemon Juice
Four cups fresh Brussel Sprouts washed and quartered
One 15 Ounce can Green Lentils (Gondules) in Broth or 15 Ounces of Cooked Fresh Edamame
Two beaten Eggs per adult serving (optional)
Sunflower Seeds or Green Onion as Garnish
1) In a large soup pot place your Pureed Sweet Potato. Add the Broth. Heat on low stirring to smoothness.
2) Next add the washed and quartered Brussel Sprouts, and and beans with broth, stir to mix. Add now the White Wine Vinegar or Lemon Juice. Next the Spice Mixtures. Stir on a simmer.
3) Add the individual Spices and chopped Chili and stir.
4) Bring to the boil for five minutes stirring often. If desired blend the soup in a blender or food processor. For a more rustic soup leave as is.
5) Ladle into a second pot the number of portions you desire to serve. For each adult whisk in two beaten eggs and heat almost to a boil stirring constantly. (This step is optional if Vegan). Heat to almost boiling stirring constantly.
Garnish with your Sunflower Seeds or Green Minced Onion and Enjoy!
Find more delicious recipe ideas at: worldcuisinetodaymagazine.com