Filet Mignon in Raspberry Sauce
Valentine's Day is approaching and it is great to have a go to dish to impress your guests. One of my favorite dishes to prepare is Filet Mignon with Raspberry reduction sauce. It is a simple and delicious dish. Enjoy!
Six 6 ounce Fillet Mignon steaks two inches thick
Two cups fresh raspberries
Four cups Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine
Twenty eight ounces chicken broth
Fourteen ounces beef broth
Six garlic cloves
Two Tablespoons unsalted butter
Two Tablespoons minced fresh Thyme
Two tablespoons minced fresh Rosemary
One tablespoon Olive oil
Two teaspoons cracked Black pepper
Two teaspoons salt
One Tablespoon flour
1) In a large saucepan boil the broth, and wine until reduced to two cups
2) In a blender, blend the two cups of raspberries and strain through a sieve into a separate bowl
3) In a hot pan heat the tablespoon of olive oil. Season the steaks with one teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Also sprinkle with one Tablespoon of each of the fresh herbs and three cloves of the minced garlic
4) Sear for four minutes per side on medium high heat for medium rare. Let steaks rest covered on a serving platter or in an oven at 200 F.
5) Add the berries and remaining three cloves minced garlic, one teaspoon Black pepper, and one teaspoon salt to the sauce reduction.
6) Heat the sauce to boiling. In a small pan melt the two Tablespoons of butter and the one Tablespoon of flour whisk in to the hot sauce.
7) Spoon a bit of the sauce over the top of the filets, and garnish with sprigs of the herbs and a few fresh berries.
Serve with the remaining sauce on the side
Excellent served with homemade mashed potatoes and freshly prepared green beans
World Cuisine Today Magazine
February 5, 2022
All Rights Reserved.