Rustic Pasta with Creamy Yogurt Herb Sauce
Pasta. It might have been the first food you ever tried. Yet, there are so many delectable possibilities. Once in a great while, I try a pasta recipe that sinks deep into my memory. Something quite different from the norm. It was one day when I was trying new cuisines that I came upon a few of these recipes. The recipe was from Turkey, but I learned this type of pasta making was common throughout the Mediterranean region, and even in Eastern Europe. Clearly, this was a trend I had missed in the United States somehow! Below, is a close approximation to the first time I tried this dish.
Recipe For Pasta With Creamy Yogurt Herb Sauce
One package Linguini pasta broken in half
Two cups Greek style Mediterranean yogurt
One cup whole milk
One cup cream
One cup flat leaf parsley minced
Two tablespoons fresh Thyme
Two tablespoons mint OR Basil fresh
One half a stick unsalted butter melted
Two Tablespoons sweet Paprika
Four Tablespoons olive oil
Eight cloves minced garlic
1) In a large non reactive bowl, mix thoroughly the Greek yogurt, milk, and cream. Set to the side.
2) In a small pan melt two tablespoons of the butter with two Tablespoons of the flour until golden yellow. Set to the side.
3) Take the two Tablespoons of olive oil and saute the minced garlic until a light yellow color.
5) Melt the butter and mix with the sweet Paprika set to the side.
6) Heat the cream, yogurt mixture to almost boiling. Add the garlic. At the very end add all the minced herbs and stir thoroughly.
7) Place the hot pasta in a bowl and toss with the cream sauce. Drizzle the top with the melted butter paprika mixture and serve immediately
World Cuisine Today Magazine
November 12, 2020