Enjoy a Swordfish or Salmon Kabab this Weekend with Family and Friends!
Grilling season is here! Try a delicious Swordfish Kebab this weekend. If you do not like Swordfish, you could use Codfish, Salmon or Halibut. The skewers go well with rice pilaf, roasted potatoes, or some grilled flatbread. We hope you enjoy! Find more innovative fish recipes at World Cuisine Today Magazine and Blog. And as they say in Greece, "Opa!"
Three pounds swordfish or codfish steaks skinned and deboned
Three medium red onions
Two yellow sweet peppers
One sweet red pepper
Two cups cherry tomatoes
Two cups pineapple chunks (optional)
Two large lemons
One teaspoon grilled cardamom
Two teaspoons sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
One teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground light pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
One cup extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup fresh oregano
1/8 cup fresh basil or mint
Two Tablespoons fresh dill
Four large garlic cloves minced
1) Wash and pat dry your fish steaks and cut into two inch squares.
2) Peel and wash your red onions and cut into one and a half inch squares
3) Core and seed your peppers and cut them into the same size squares
4) Mix the lemon juice and olive oil together and coat some onto the meat.
5) In a bowl sprinkle the meat on all sides with some of the spice mixture and half the oil/lemon mixture.
6) In a separate bowl do the same with the vegetables.
7) Arrange the vegetables on skewers: Pepper, onion, tomato, fish, pineapple if using and repeat.
8) Sprinkle the garlic and herbs onto the skewers.
9) Grill the skewers for roughly two to three minutes per side until cooked through.
10) Serve hot with some grilled new potatoes, rice pilaf, flat bread and a fresh green salad.
World Cuisine Today Magazine