How To Make a Delicious Creamy Style Potato Salad
Potato Salad for Special Occasions
Two pounds Red New or Yukon Gold Yellow Potatoes scrubbed left whole
Five medium sweet Gherkin Pickles minced or two Tablespoons Pickle Relish
One Sweet Onion or two Scallions minced
Three large Garlic cloves minced (optional)
One cup high quality Mayonnaise
Two Celery stalks with leaves minced
One teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 half teaspoon ground White pepper
1/2 half teaspoon ground Cayenne
1/4 cup minced Flat Leaf Parsley
Four hard boiled Eggs minced (optional)
One tablespoon smooth Dijon Mustard or Yellow Smooth Mustard
Two Tablespoons Holy Basil minced
Two teaspoons Sweet Paprika
Slivered Radishes (optional)
1/8 cup Lemon juice
1/8 cup Canola oil
1) Bring two pots of boiling water to a boil. In one, place the whole potatoes. Scrubbed and pierced with a fork a few times. Cook for roughly 20 minutes at a high heat, with the cover vented or removed.
2) In the second pot place water over the eggs by a few inches. Bring to a rolling boil then take off the heat and put a tight lid on for roughly 12 minutes. Place in a sieve and run cold water over to stop the cooking process.
3) Run cold water over the potatoes next. Thoroughly peel the eggs and mince. Cut the potatoes into eighths.
4) Scrub the celery and mince. Mince the parsley and the garlic. Mince the pickles, and the sweet onion or scallion and place in a bowl.
5) To assemble placed the sliced potatoes eggs oil lemon juice garlic scallion and herbs in the bowl. Mix. Next mix the Mayonnaise, remaining seasonings, pickles and pickle relish. Finally mix the radish if using.
Garnish with additional pickles, radishes and herbs. Serve chilled. If serving outdoors keep on ice.
Enjoy More Holiday and Special Occasion Recipes at:
World Cuisine Today Magazine
September 5, 2022