How To Make Garlic and Herb Naan Flat Bread! Try at Your Next Indian Feast!
World Cuisine Today www.worldcuisinetoday.com October 3, 2018
Recipe for Garlic Herb Naan Bread
Four minced garlic cloves
1/3 cup minced parsley
1/3 cup minced mint
1/3 cup minced cilantro
Oil for grilling to taste
Four cups of all purpose flour
One Tabespoon Kosher salt
1/3 of a cup Labneh yogurt
1/3 of a cup whole milk
One teaspoon granulated sugar plus 11/3 cup warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons active dried yeast
An extra 1/2 cup of the herbs mixed with remaining 2 garlic for sprinkling
1) Place the four cups of flour in a large bowl and combine the chopped herbs and two cloves of the garlic.
2) Combine the sugar with warm water. Sprinkle the yeast on top until foaming ten minutes.
3) Mix together the Labneh and whole milk with a whisk until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients along with the yeast mixture in a mixer. Mix at a medium pace for seven to eight minutes.
4) Transfer the dough to a greased metal bowl, cover with a towel and chill for 12-24 hours. Let stand a room temperature another 45 minutes. Punch down.
5) Grease hands and create medium circles with the dough roughly four inches across.
6) On a floured board roll out the circles to be 8 inch by 10 inch oval shapes. Grill in a frying pan, or over an open grill for three minutes a side brushed with oil or clarified butter.
7) Keep warm on an oven safe platter covered in a 220 degree F. oven until ready to serve. Keep covered and let each guest take their own bread for their meal.
Recipe Developed By: World Cuisine Today Magazine October 3, 2018