Tiramisu for Valentine's Day
Have you ever wondered how to make a delicious Tiramisu from scratch? Enjoy this fresh delicious recipe from World Cuisine Today www.worldcuisinetoday.com.
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup whole milk
One pound Marscapone
11/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso
1/4 cup dark rum
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Two three ounce packages of Lady Fingers
One Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa or shaved chocolate
One 81/2 by 11 inch baking dish
1/4 cup dark rum
30 to 32 lady fingers
1) Over a saucepan of barely boiling water place a metal bowl. Whisk to combine the six egg yolks and the sugar this may take up to ten minutes for the sugar to dissolve. Next slowly mix in the whole milk. Chill the bowl until cooled down over ice a few minutes. When cool mix in the Marscapone cheese mixing until almost smooth.
2) In a mixer place the 11/4 cups of heavy whipping cream and the vanilla extract. Whisk together until peaks form. Chill covered until ready for use.
3) In a shallow dish combine the 1/2 cup strong coffee and the 1/4 cup dark rum. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the Tiramisu dish. Split the lady fingers length wise and spoon the rum coffee mixture over so they are moist but not soggy.
4) Next fold over half the chilled custard and half the whipped cream.
5) Add a second layer of the split lady fingers lightly moistened by the coffee mixture. You may do this with a shallow pie plate or bowl.
6) Repeat the custard layer and the whipped cream layer.
7) Chill covered for four hours or over night.
8) Before serving dust with the cocoa powder or shaved chocolate.
World Cuisine Today www.worldcuisinetoday.com February 8, 2018