How To Make a Delicious Cherry Pie World Cuisine Today Magazine www.worldcuisinetodaymagazine.com
If you are looking for a classic fruit filled dessert for your special gathering give this a try. A classic fresh Cherry Pie is a crowd pleaser. Try a delicious batch today! Enjoy! Find more great recipes at World Cuisine Today Magazine and blog www.worldcuisinetodaymagazine.com.
Classic Cherry Pie
Five cups sweet or tart cherries pitted
One cup granulated sugar
Two Tablespoons All Purpose flour
One Tablespoon corn starch
Four Tablespoons unsalted butter
One recipe versatile pie crust (below)
One nine inch pie plate
Three beaten egg whites
One tablespoon Powdered sugar
One half teaspoon Almond extract
One half teaspoon Vanilla extract
1) On a floured surface roll out one chilled disk of the versatile pie crust.
2) In a non reactive bowl place your washed and pitted cherries. In a smaller bowl mix together the flour, sugar, and corn starch. Toss with the cherries thoroughly and place in the crust.
3) Cut the butter into cube shapes and dot on the top of the pie.
4) Roll out the second crust and create strips and a lattice shape, or leave whole and place on top of the pie pricking lightly with a fork. Beat the egg whites and mix with the powdered sugar. You may also add a splash of cream if you desire.
5) Pre heat your oven to 425 F. Paint the top of your pie with the egg white, sugar and cream mixture. In the center rack place your pie and bake for fifteen minutes. Reduce the heat to 375 F and bake for another 50 minutes.
Versatile Pie Crust
Two and a half cups All Purpose flour
Two chilled sticks of unsalted butter cut into cubes
One teaspoon salt
One teaspoon sugar
One quarter cup chilled orange juice
1) In a food processor or with hand held mixer mix the flour sugar and salt.
2) Next add the butter in gradual batches until incorporated. The mixture should look a bit rough with no more than pea sized lumps.
3) Gradually add the orange juice. Try not to over mix your dough.
4) Place the mixture on a floured surface. With clean wet hands form two disks. Wrap the disks in some plastic wrap and chill for an hour to overnight.
Serve your homemade Cherry Pie with some Vanilla Ice Cream and some Whipped Cream. Let pie rest a bit before service.
World Cuisine Today Magazine
October 22, 2021