Authentic Shrimp Scampi with Herbs and Linguini worldcuisinetodaymagazine.com
Looking for a delicious and simple weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy? Try this authentic Shrimp Scampi with Linguini Recipe. Spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your loved ones. Find more elegant and new recipe ideas from around the world at:
Authentic Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
One and a half pounds large Shrimp or Prawns pre cooked and shelled
One pound Linguini pasta
Five large cloves of Garlic minced
Juice of one fresh Lemon
1/4 cup organic Chicken Broth or dry White Wine
1/4 cup minced flat leaf Parsley
2 T minced Thyme leaves
1 t pink or regular Sea Salt
1 t ground Black Pepper or crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
2 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
One Tablespoon sweet Paprika
1) Thoroughly rinse Jumbo Shrimp and remove excess moisture
2) Cook your Linguini to Al Dente in eight cups of boiling water with a splash of Olive Oil to a roughly 7 to 8 minutes. Immediately drain from water and toss lightly.
3) Wash thoroughly and mince your herbs and garlic.
5) Heat the Oil and Butter briefly in the pan. Add the minced Garlic and saute for thirty seconds. Next add the Wine or Broth. Toss the cooked Shrimp in until sizzling hot. Add next the Lemon juice, Salt, Pepper and Paprika as well as the herbs. Stir occationally so as to mix the flavors.
6) Add the Shrimp mixture to the Linguini and toss to coat.
Serve with your favorite warm Italian Bread or Baguette and a fresh Italian Salad
September 16, 2022
World Cuisine Today Magazine